Monday, April 15, 2013

Hey y'all,
    It is Meredythe and Lane. Today we had the opportunity to go work at a local elementary school and be a volunteer in a third grade classroom. I, Meredythe worked with a women named Mrs. Williams. I learned how to do multiplication with fractions again, and read a story about hamsters to the kids. At the end the kids gave me drawings and I gave two drawings to these girls, Briana and Tiana. When I gave mine to Tiana she looked at me and said "I am keeping this for the rest of my life." They were both adorable and I loved the chance to work with the kids. And myself, Lane worked with another third grade classroom. I helped out a teacher named Mrs. Lenz. It was amazing meeting all these kids. They all put such a big smile on my face. I got to go to lunch and gym with them. In the classroom I helped them with math problems, history and reading. At snack time I read them two stories. I left with at least twenty drawings and cards from them. I loved working with them and I am so thankful for this experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment