Monday, April 15, 2013

Hey y'all!
     My name is Catherine and today I got the chance to work at a house dry walling and mudding. I came into the house not knowing how to dry wall or mud but left a pro! It was a lot harder than it looked but was great to know I was helping,even if it seemed like not enough. Walt, Camp Restore's construction project manager told us a little about the lady we were helping, and the story shocked us. The lady left during the storm and her neighbor hasn't seen her in 8 years. Her and her family came back after the storm to see the destruction Katrina caused. I was shocked to find out that instead of fixing her house and getting back to the usual, they helped rebuild their neighbors and their friends home. At church the pastor said "Its not what you do, its that you showed up. It shows New Orleans that you care and thats what matters." This experience has been amazing, and it will keep getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment